Since 2002, we have led the effort to serve the youth in our community who need the unique special guidance our Christian mentors offer.
Our mission is to give hope to at-risk youth through Christian-based mentoring.
It is our vision is that through TeenWorks we would be able to foster lifelong relationships and skills, enabling teens to become productive, caring, and responsible adults.
Who are the Youth we hope to help?
We seek out young people with varying background factors that may inhibit their personal development and ability to become a productive, caring, and responsible citizen. Factors may include:
- Low income family situation
- Single parent or being raised by grandparents
- Lack of positive peer group
- Academic difficulties (absences, below average grades, high incidence of disciplinary actions, placement in alternative education program)
- Use of aggression to solve problems
- Low self-esteem and/or lack of goals
- Socially withdrawn or over-connected
- Possible exposure to abuse, drugs, or alcohol
- Youth has an older negatively influential sibling
- Has had "run-ins" with the law