Our team might be small but we sure are mighty in heart and passion for the youth of Tuolumne County.
TeenWorks Board of Directors
- Steve Jolley (Board President) - Steve owns a local business called Littlefoot Bio Fuels, seeking to improve the environment...locally...one person at a time through the use of biodiesel. Steve has a heart for mentoring and loves serving the youth through TeenWorks.
- Bill Morse - Bill is a former, long-time president of the board. He is retired from Tuolumne County Human Resources. When Bill isn't spending time with his wife Yvonne or chasing around his grandkids, you can find him cycling all over the county.
- Larry Moe - Larry is an original board member. Larry spends his days as a dentist in the upper Crystal Falls Area. He cares deeply about the youth in the county and loves spending time outdoors.
- Nathan Milnik - Nathan is professor of philosophy at Columbia College, Modesto Junior College, and Delta College. He is also trying his hand in the family business of real estate, a Keller Williams agency in Sonora. Nathan enjoys running with his wife, Heidi, and dog when he is not helping with TeenWorks Group Mentoring.
- Jon Mahanna - Jon is an avid sportsman, working especially in the ski and golf industries. He has served on the TeenWorks annual Rick Angermiller Golf Tournament committee for several years.
- Mario DeLise - Mario has served as a chaplain at the Sonora Regional Medical Center (Adventist Health) since 2016. He has a Master of Divinity degree and board certification with the Association of Professional Chaplains. While in seminary, he was an assistant youth pastor. Mario has worked as a chaplain to youth in a psychiatric facility. He has served on boards for the Interfaith Coalition on Poverty and for Neutral Ground, a mediation organization. He and his wife Melissa have two young children.
- Executive Director: Garry Moes - Garry joined our team in September 2017. He has had a long, multifaceted career, most recently in non-profit development, recruitment, management and communications work. He holds a degree in journalism from Michigan State University and worked as a political reporter for The Associated Press for 21 years.. He lived in the Mother Lode area for more than 23 years and spent seven years in South Carolina before returning to California in June 2017. He and his wife Karlinda have five children and 26 grandchildren. Garry, Karlinda and three of their children are members of Oak Hill Presbyterian Church, a TeenWorks ministry partner.
- Program Coordinator: Reneé Kelsey - Reneé joined the TeenWorks team in March 2018. She is a first-grade teacher at the Christian Family Learning Center in Angels Camp, Calif. For two years, she worked at the Bret Harte High School Special Education Department as a classroom resource. She trained for work with pregnant teens at the Modesto Resource Center and as a teen herself worked as a volunteer at the Crisis Pregnancy Center in Tracy. She has served at her church as a youth and vacation Bible school leader. She and her husband Bill live in Copperopolis, Calif. and have four children.
Volunteers are the heartbeat of our organization. Please consider serving with us today.