TeenWorks and the Sonora Sunrise Rotary Club are pleased to announce the creation of a new program designed to assist disadvantaged youth with finding, improving and retaining employment.
Thanks to a grant from the Rotary Club, TeenWorks is offering micro-loans to Tuolumne County teens age 14-19 to help them improve opportunities to obtain, advance in and retain jobs. The no-interest loans may be used to fund job-related needs, such as, but not limited to:
- Safety equipment, small tools, and supplies needed for your job.
- Uniforms required by your employer that are not suitable for ordinary wear.
- Protective clothing required in your work, such as hard hats, safety shoes, and glasses.
- Physical examinations required by your employer.
- Fees to employment agencies and other costs to look for a new job in your present occupation
- Certain educational expenses.
The payback provisions will be flexible, as stated in a loan agreement on a case-by-case basis.
TeenWorks and the Rotary Club believe this program will encourage employment skills and responsibility as well as financial accountability.
Youth may apply for a loan here.
Contact TeenWorks at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.